July 19, 2006

3/5

The Grapefruit Moon; unfinished. Gouache on Arches. Party there tonight!

I haven't been much of a blogger since my computer started sputtering (which will continue until I take it in), and also since I left my job at Nelvana in pursuit of bigger things. It's been a couple of weeks now, busy with research, loose ends, painting, planning, and packing. My days are a bit of a mess of both action and inaction as I prepare for big changes in my life; there's a mix of excitement and anxiety I'm trying to wrastle with. I'm still trying to straighten things out in my head.

I'm happy to report that I recently accepted a job in Pixar's story department.

An old teacher of mine named Carlos Nunes once said that things never looked like they were coming together until you were about 3/5ths done. Well, we're reaching about that point now, and things are looking pretty good I think. Yay for all of us!