March 13, 2006

NEW YORK sketchbooks: ------->

Hello--I hope everyone had a good weekend-
I apologize again for skipping out on portfolio posts--hopefully these scribbly notations can tide you over for a bit longer. I'm a bit insecure about how they look to the public eye, but like I said, they're more sort of journal entries than invested drawings; such are sketchbooks.

My moleskine journals bridged the gap between New York and Boston. It was a strange, sad moment leaving the NY, one which I wish I could have captured well in images or words. Anyway, another representative smattering of my sketchbooks. James warned me that the sketchbook moleskines didn't take watercolour paints very well--I learned the hard way; he was right.

The paintings were made in Soho on a somewhat warmish day for December.
The light was incredible, but it was a fight against the paper all the way.

A striking bust by Charles Despiau at the Fogg art gallery at Harvard.

On the bus leaving the Met.