November 13, 2006

ritual coffee

I had a bit of an epiphany about my drawing last night, and it was pretty shaking--I feel like it's the first time I've beeen able to really see my drawings in years. Things are gonna change here, that's for goddam sure, but these next few posts anyway, are pre-revelation; we might as well air the laundry.

Yesterday was pretty crazy; some sort of funny energy must have been buzzing about last night. On the train ride home I saw the most gigantic people EVER; the lady beside me in girth, and the fellow in front in bulk--he was a GIANT! Broad and wide and with enormous enormous hands! There was the most beautiful strawberry blond woman in a robin's egg blue trenchcoat, and later, out for coffee, I saw a head scarf that just blew me away--the forms and shapes and folds were so elegant... wow. I'm so unworthy to draw all this stuff--nowhere near good enough to capture so much of the beauty in life. Ah well; I'll try.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful sensitivity in those lines, Nick.
    Can't wait to see where things are headed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Woah, that's ominous. You're already aweseome, I can't wait to see where this takes things.

    ReplyDelete